At Stora Hotellet, we strive to offer products and services that have been produced with the least possible environmental impact. We are constantly working to reduce our environmental impact by improving our work in energy, water, resource consumption, chemicals and waste management.
We have clear routines for all employees so it should feel involved and take responsibility for the environment.
We prioritize suppliers who are environmentally certified.
Stora Hotellet was built as early as 1834. We work continuously with maintenance to preserve and in connection with renovation, we ensure that the facility is energy efficient.
– We continuously review energy use.
– We use low-energy lamps / LED lamps
– Rooms are equipped with customized ventilation.
– Toilets are constantly being replaced with low-flushing
– Our tap water is high-class, filtered here and environmentally friendly.
– Special nozzles for taps and showers are replaced on an ongoing basis, to minimize consumption.
– We sort our waste as far as possible; food waste, glass, recycled paper (paper / newspapers), paper packaging (cardboard / corrugated cardboard), hard plastic packaging, metal packaging, electricity (eg light sources), hazardous waste (eg batteries).
– We review and minimize the use of disposable items.
Washing and cleaning
– Detergents and detergents used in daily operations are eco-labeled.
– Toilet and kitchen paper, paper towels and other paper products are eco-labeled.
– We are careful to dose detergent in the right amount.
– Our laundry is ISO and Nordic Ecolabelled
– We collaborate with nearby farms and Smögens Fiskeauktion.
– We grow our own vegetables on Klev’s farm in Bovallsstrand.
– We offer organic and locally produced alternatives when serving and strive to increase the range.
– We offer vegetarian alternatives.
– Disposable packaging is being phased out as far as possible.
– We inform, train and further train staff to increase knowledge and commitment to environmental work.
– We show how our guests can participate and contribute to our environmental work during their stay.
– Our letters, printer paper and other paper in our offices are eco-labeled.
– We shut down our equipment when it is not in use.